VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
VoIP Call Center: What is Happening with LightSquared/Sprint Deal?
PowerNet Global is staying abreast of any and all news that could potentially affect the VoIP call center industry. And recently PNG wrote in its blog that Sprint could be parting ways with LightSquared (News - Alert) due the fact that the company has yet to meet vital contract demands that are supposed to be resolved by Thursday, March 15th.
Now according to the post, in spite of the fact that Sprint had extended the deadline until this upcoming date, that will be last for the company’s 11 year pending agreement in which they would both hold financial responsibility in regards to network expansion and next-generation equipment.
Last week, TMCnet reported that if Sprint does in fact decide to end its deal, it would conclude a 9-month period that has encountered multiple obstacles including when the FCC (News - Alert) ruled that the joint network could potentially get in the way of GPS receivers and flight control systems. The FCC judgment prompted countless device makers, government agencies and consumer interest groups to then actively work to try and bar the partnership.
In fact, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration told the FCC that “there are no mitigation strategies that both solve the interference issues and provide LightSquared with an adequate commercial network deployment.”
Additionally, Bloomberg (News - Alert) recently revealed that LightSquared has yet to come through with a $56.3 million payment it owes to Inmarsat since February. Adding to the challenges, Sanjiv Ahuja (News - Alert) also resigned last month, on top of the company cutting its employees by nearly half.
What will the potential ramifications be to the VoIP call center space if LightSquared’s deal with Sprint is kaput? One thing is for sure, AT&T (News - Alert) and Verizon will not be facing any competition within the national wireless carrier arena any time soon.
Edited by Amanda Ciccatelli
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone