VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
As Tablets Increase in Popularity, VoIP Call Center Provider Steps into the Expanding Space
A recent study from GfK, a huge research company, shows that adults that have begun to use their tablets much more frequently, even when plopped in front of their other screen—their TV. According to the research, tablets are quickly becoming the second go to medium for people as it extremely easy to complete multiple tasks right from it including watching classic movies, listening to music, researching a topic, buying that brand new handbag or talking to your best friend who moved halfway around the world.
In fact, 52 percent of minutes are spent utilizing tablets on average, which accounts to be the same percent for smartphones that are looked at in conjunction with relaxing in front of the boob tube. Looking at young adults who range in age from 18 to 34 in contrast to Baby Boomers who are included within the 35-49 age group, it might be surprising to note that the older generation actually spent much more time busy on their tablets while multi tasking and tuning into their favorite show with 67 percent of tablet minutes accounted for, compared to 39 percent for the younger group.
That comes as an extremely bright light as the end of the tunnel for PowerNet Global, a company that has been deeply engrained within the telecommunications industry for over two decades and offers consumers top of the line voice, data, SIP, VoIP and managed solutions for multiple organizations including call centers, who is planning on introducing its own line of tablets in the near future.
Earlier this month, PNG discussed the fact that even though at this time Chrome continues to draw in positive marks from critics as the fastest browser around, there are two huge drawbacks to this new solution including the fact that it is only available for Android (News - Alert) 4.0 versions and up and doesn’t support Flash.
Due to the fact that Chrome is only available for Android 4.0 and higher, this is essence blocks a majority of Android users who want to begin to leverage this browser. At this time, the only devices that support 4.0 include the Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime, Xoom, and the Nexus S.
Due to the second major disadvantage of this offering, the VoIP call center provider will not be powering Flash Player for its browser as “Adobe has had problems innovating flash for mobile devices in the past and Apple (News - Alert) doesn’t allow Flash,” according to company officials.
Edited by Amanda Ciccatelli
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone