VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Lightyear Migrates to inetwork Infrastructure for VoIP Call Center E911 Call Routing
inetwork, a provider of VoIP call center and communications solutions including voice, SMS and 911, recently added Lightyear Network Solutions (News - Alert) as the latest VoIP service provider to migrate to inetwork's VoIP Enhanced 911 call routing solution.
"We are excited to help Lightyear streamline their operations and support their continued growth," said Bob Glosson, inetwork vice president of sales, in a statement. "inetwork's expertise and streamlined services allow Lightyear to focus on their customers, not the underlying complexity of E911 services."
Lightyear provides data, voice and wireless telecommunications solutions to tens of thousands of business and residential customers across North America. The company’s product offerings include local PRI and digital T1, enhanced Internet services, MPLS, Ethernet, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), local and long distance service, and conferencing.
"Lightyear is pleased to partner with inetwork for VoIP E911 services," added Brian Garrison, Lightyear's vice president of Strategic Planning and Marketing. "inetwork's robust and user-friendly customer portal makes it easy for us to provision and manage E911 service. inetwork also offers us increased flexibility and a more competitive rate, which allows us to deliver a better product to our customers."
inetwork powers effective E911 solutions for interconnected VoIP, hosted PBX (News - Alert) and over-the-top (OTT) providers, in addition to automatic location information (ALI) services for local exchange carriers. The company also delivers a full set of solutions for innovative application developers and communication service providers.
According to a recent TMCnet piece, next generation 911 is evolving to a new service called next-gen vernacular: end-to-end.
End-to-end NG911 refers to an all-IP network using SIP and network elements defined in the National Emergency Number Association’s i3 standards that send and route 911 calls based on the location of the caller.
The unique differentiator in the NENA i3 standard is that the location of the 911 caller is transmitted in the SIP signaling stream when the 911 call is first made. The 911 call is then routed to the correct PSAP based on the location revealed in the call, and both the voice RTP stream and the location arrive at the PSAP over an IP/SIP network in an extremely short period of time.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone