VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
NAB Considers Work-from-Home Contact Centers, Made Possible Through VoIP
There are many benefits seen from work-from-home call centers that utilize Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). So many advantages in fact that the National Australia Bank (NAB) is willing to implement work-from-home call centers by the end of the year. The roll out is already underway with 3,200 contact center agents already being allowed to work from where they feel most comfortable—their homes. The VoIP-based virtual contact centers are part of a three-year program that intends to move call center agents from legacy PABX systems at a cost of $30 million.
The virtualized, Web-based platform is already being leveraged in NAB’s data centers in Melbourne for 38 contact centers across the country with an estimated savings cost of $300,000 when compared to running the 14 separate platforms that included hardware and software applications. This move, from a traditional “brick and mortar” structure to a more flexible, customer-centric environment is the result of capacity constraints, high real estate costs and ageing technology.
Graham Cronin, the head of Network Services at NAB, echoed the comments from banking and insurance group Suncorp (News - Alert) who earlier this year hoped to retain more contact center workers by allowing staff to work from home while saving over $10,000 for each city-center desk. Cronin however pointed out that no staff has been put in a home site yet. He said in a statement, “It’ll be a trial that the business will now come and talk about,” pointing to the flexibility it offers to the staff as an incentive. The issue at hand now is how to best deliver that to them and what the agent set up at home will be like.
In addition to shaving 30 percent off its operational costs, NAB hopes to improve wait times, optimize rostering and offer more services in the mobile app space. Cronin said that the platform could seamlessly integrate with consumer video conferencing technology, like Apple’s FaceTime and Skype (News - Alert), which would be particularly useful to customers in remote locations.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO West 2012, taking place Oct. 2-5, in Austin, TX. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone