VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
City of Tulsa Implements a VoIP Call Center for Reduced Costs, More Features
The City of Tulsa Customer Care Center recently made the switch to a VoIP call center, installing VoIP telephones and communications software. This new system provides a number of benefits, including that it provides managers with real-time information in regards to the quantity and types of calls being received, as well as how long it takes for calls to be answered and which operators are taking calls and when.
Perhaps best of all, this new VoIP call center enables call routing to specific operators who are more knowledgeable about certain topics and government services.
"This will be a giant enhancement for us," said the Customer Care Center Director Michael Radoff in a statement. "It is more flexible and dynamic. Right now, for example, I can look at my computer screen and see that this morning, 78 percent of incoming calls related to refuse services are being answered within 45 seconds."
Radoff went on to add that when there is a sudden influx of calls, the VoIP call center solution can manage those calls efficiently, directing them through a voice menu to the operators best able to handle those calls.
This new VoIP call center offers benefits on the financial front as well, since its internal digital nature allows it to be managed internally by the city. When compared to the city's old phone network provided by a phone carrier, the city is saving $380,000 per year.
This call center upgrade is part of the city's multiyear project, funded by a $1.3 million in third-penny sales tax money, to reduce the cost of telephone services for the city. Obviously, implementing a VoIP call center has proven very helpful toward this cause and is being held up as a focal point in the effort to make a more efficient government.
The options for those looking to switch to a VoIP call center are many. For example, award winning provider of VoIP solutions, PowerNet Global (News - Alert), offers an affordable VoIP call center suite aimed at smaller businesses looking for enhanced features typically only found in enterprise offerings. Further, the company's enterprise VoIP call center offering ensures high uptime with an extremely stable network, local 24/7 NOC (News - Alert) support, and on-staff voice engineers.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone