VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Network Congestion Has Companies Taking a Closer Look at Quality of Service, VoIP Call Centers
While companies’ data networks grow and proliferate, many companies are faced with quality issues. The flow of data has become so vast that many organizations (not to mention their customers) are beginning to notice problems due to network congestion that are affecting customer relationships in VoIP call centers, and they are increasingly turning to quality of service (QoS) solutions to try and solve the problems.
QoS, of course, is a set of technologies designed to allow applications to request and receive a level of predictable service levels in terms of bandwidth (data throughput capacity) as well as call quality issues such as latency, jitter and delay.
It’s not always solving the problems, according to a recent article on Network World. While outbound QoS has been considered good enough for controlling corporate network traffic in the past, there are two trends that are driving the need for a shift to inbound QoS. These include:
Any-to-any networks and applications: New technologies have enabled traffic to be routed directly from one branch location to another. These applications include VoIP, desktop video conferencing and unified communications tools. These technologies enable, for example, VoIP calls to be routed point-to-point without requiring traffic to pass through the corporate data center. This means that traffic competes with application data coming from the data center as well as from other sites. In this case, writes Network World (News - Alert) (News - Alert), outbound traffic at any given location has little if any effect. The only place where all sources of incoming traffic can be effectively controlled is at the receiving location itself.
Software-as-a-Service: As more and more companies use the Software-as-a-Service model for their business applications and public cloud services, they are finding that more important enterprise solutions traffic is having to complete with less important, more frivolous traffic. This may lead to business applications struggling for needed bandwidth resources.
According to Networld World, it’s becoming essential to control less important traffic and to make room on the network for vital data to get through. This may be accomplished by ensuring that quality of service is applied to inbound traffic as well as outbound traffic.
To help solve these types of problems, many companies are turning to their providers of high-speed solutions when their needs include high performance and full-time dedicated Internet access. These kinds of solutions can be engineered to offer a wide variety of bandwidth increments, access methods, and billing options that can be customized to meet a business’ specific needs. Providers such as PNG provide safe and secure connections that are expertly engineered to allow companies to focus on their business and leave the details to experts. It offers not only flexible bandwidth options but also quality of Service (QoS) to ensure optimal performance, service level agreements (SLAs) that guarantee a business’ network maintains high reliability and availability on a global scale and round-the-clock network operations center support to ensure that connections remain at optimal performance.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert) (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone