VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Genesys Integrates Microsoft Lync with VoIP Call Center Platform
Genesys (News - Alert), a provider of VoIP call center solutions and customer service software, helps clients optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees across the enterprise.
Recently, it was revealed that the company has just integrated Microsoft (News - Alert) Lync with its customer service platform, allowing for both its Contact Center interactions offering and Enterprise Communications platform to work together seamlessly.
The Lync integration will help companies consolidate their enterprise communications (external and internal) and VoIP call center into one combined solution – without the need for expensive PBX (News - Alert) hardware, according to company officials.
Thanks to Genesys’ industry leading skills-based routing, reporting and multi-channel customer service capabilities, the newly debuted solution will deliver voice and instant messaging (IM) interactions originating from any Lync enterprise device directly to agents.
“The integration of Genesys SIP Server with Microsoft Lync Enterprise Voice empowers Contact Center agents to enjoy the rich collaboration and multimedia capabilities offered by Lync when communicating with their peers, while also extending these capabilities out to their customers,” said Merijn Te Booij, vice president of Products and Strategy, Genesys, in a statement.
“The advantages of running the same Unified Communication platform in the contact center and the wider enterprise are obvious but compelling: enhancing collaboration throughout the business to efficiently and cost-effectively deliver the best outcomes for customer service,” Booij added.
The alliance between Microsoft Lync with Genesys will improve first call resolution by finding the right available resource at the right time via an enterprise-wide directory search and ad-hoc conferencing.
Microsoft Lync is a popular unified communications platform used by enterprises of all sizes, and Genesys has successfully undergone a rigorous test to meet the requirements of the Lync ISV Qualification Program. This program is designed to ensure that qualified applications meet customer expectations for specific scenarios.
“Tearing down the walls and extending the advantages of unified communications into the realm of customer service makes organizations fully connected to key stakeholders and customers that have traditionally been on the outside looking in,” Jon Morrow, senior program manager partner Engineering, Microsoft Lync concluded.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone