VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
VoIP Continues to Reshape Telecommunications Industry
The acronym, VoIP, stands for voice over Internet protocol, and is a relatively new technology that has revolutionized the way in which all communications take place, whether it’s for personal or business use or even in call centers.
VoIP enables users with just a reliable Internet connection to engage in SMS text messaging, voice, fax and video conferencing.
Eliminating the need for a landline, the VoIP space is expanding at a rapid pace, changing as new innovations make their way to market and smartphones enhance their breadth of functions. Consider Firefox WebRTC applications that can power both audio and video calls via Google (News - Alert) Chrome. By those two companies enabling their services to come together, they’re allowing both Chrome and Firefox to interact in a communication channel that promises rich quality sound and picture.
According to recent report featured on the Digital Journal, however, while VoIP is helping companies to see a vast array of benefits – from increased efficiency and productivity to more in-depth collaboration –the telecommunications vertical currently stands to shell out nearly $479 billion over the next seven years. This is due to the fact “that telephone operators are making mobile phone users’ lives difficult when using certain apps.
IT Web reports that mobile companies are impairing users’ mobile VoIP usage by shaping data traffic and lowering advantages to such apps by charging premium data rates,” findings reveal.
“The operators are being very vague about this, but they are in the early stages of rolling out premium rates for VOIP use, and it is possible for them to shape the traffic. For the networks, [mobile VOIP] is an inefficient use of the data layer,” commented Arthur Goldstuck, MD of World Wide Worx.
In order to combat these high rates, it is vital for businesses to team with a VoIP provider that will help to cut costs while gaining access to new capabilities that can improve the customer experience. PowerNet Global (News - Alert) is touted as a company that can do just that, offering multiple voice services that will keep organizations always connected to their customer base and give them the flexibility need to conduct operations from anywhere and at anytime.
The company’s website states, “By installing a dedicated Long Distance T1 through PowerNet Global, you can make long distance calls directly into the network, ensuring you get the seamless, secure connection that your business needs. Because the dedicated circuits allow calls to bypass local routes, there are fewer charges associated with calls, which means more savings for you.”
Switched long distance from PNG is also an option enabling firms to customize their calling plan to fit their individual needs. The VoIP call center provider even powers a suite specifically for those environments that include SIP trunking that can scale up or down according to a business needs at any given time.
As employees and consumers alike now demand mobility, VoIP is now considered a crucial component of any business infrastructure.
Edited by Braden Becker
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone