VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Should You Outsource Your VoIP Call Center?
Say you have a VoIP-based call center. You want to provide customers with the best service possible, but you also want to reduce costs in order to make a better profit. How can you do both at the same time? For many companies, outsourcing these services to anoffshore location seems like the way to go, but it is? There are some pros and cons to that kind of outsourcing that must be taken into consideration before making such a crucial decision.
With outsourcing, you can relocate these facilities to countries outside of the Untied States where labor is much cheaper. Assuming the workers can still perform as well as local employees would the language barrier is no problem for them and if there’s the necessary IT infrastructure in place, the operation can work smoothly and provide the same services for a much lower cost.
As such, outsourced call centers traditionally are cheaper to run than ones that aren’t and need a reduced workforce. They can also be scaled as needed, according to individual company needs..
However, sometimes outsourcing comes with some drawbacks. It’s harder to ensure a consistent and quality customer experience, so companies can’t always provide the best service from an outsourced location. Training and managing agents from half a world away can also prove challenging.
There are also some PR issues with outsourcing; the term tends to leave a nasty taste in the minds of many, whether it’s for the loss of local jobs outsourcing creates or the stereotype of a heavily-accented man getting paid cents on the hour to ask, “Have you tried turning it off and then on again?”
As such, outsourcing never falls exactly on the “good” or “bad” sides of the scale, with several points tipping it in each direction. Inevitably, it comes down to each company’s decision; it can take the risks with the savings or stay on-shore and provide a more manageable experience at a higher cost.
Of course, there are several tools that make contact centers easier to run, whether they’re on or off shore. VoIP allows for instant communication with employees from pretty much anywhere, and there are many designed specifically for contact centers. For example, Powernet Global (PNG) provides IP PBX (News - Alert) services and phones that provide all the benefits of a large phone system at an affordable price, making it a viable option for companies that need to save capital without losing quality.
In the end, the choice comes down to each business. There are both advantages and disadvantages to outsourcing that must be considered, but when a company weighs all its options and needs, the answer will then become crystal clear.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone