VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Avtec Powers Hamblen County Emergency Communications Upgrade
Hamblen County, Tenn recently picked Avtec's Scout dispatching console to build a more secure connection for their 911 call centers by using its Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) communication solutions.
The Hamblen County Emergency Communications Department is located in eastern Tennessee near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, serving nearly 63,000 people in the region. To offer an uninterrupted service for their growing number of citizens, county chose Avtec, which has provided equipment upgrades, from analog to digital communications, and integrated separate communications systems among departments.
Scout is Avtec’s 4th Generation console product, and was designed for a 10+ year lifecycle in mission-critical environments. This solution offers a dedicated media workstation with its own Ethernet connection and rugged peripherals. This allows customers the option to operate on standard PCs and benefit from reduced life-cycle support costs. Furthermore, company’s VPGate works hand in hand with Avtec consoles providing connectivity to endpoint devices such as radio base stations, SIP phone circuits, and third party controllers.
To keep up with the companies growing needs and to attend to the technical challenges, Hamblen County picked Avtec console for its capability to interoperate with different modes of communications technologies, reliability, and ease of use and these have been integral to Hamblen County's success.
"I like the look of the Avtec consoles, and the icons and pads that you can build. They are very easy to use. We customized our Scout console screens to look like our former Orbacom screens, so the learning curve for our dispatchers was minimal. We've been very pleased with the service that we have received and continue to receive from Avtec,"said Steve Peoples, senior technician and electronic shop supervisor for the city of Morristown, Tenn.
The Avtec console is currently accommodating Hamblen County's expansion needs to build anything new in the future. The company recently took part in Public Safety Communications magazine event to discuss their success with more than 250 public safety delegates from across the United States, Canada, and Mexico during a January 2013 webinar, "The Consolidated PSAP: Overcoming Technical Challenges."
Edited by Ashley Caputo
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone