VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Why You Should Choose VoIP: Four Ways to Sleep Longer
As the demand for Voice over IP (VoIP) steadily increases, the public switched telephone network (PSTN) is becoming a thing of the past, and as predicted by the industry, will soon become extinct. In effort to reiterate this notion, VoIP Review revealed four ways to persuade all of the VoIP non-believers to convert from their PSTN – ensuring a good night’s sleep.
- Do Not Disturb
VoIP users have the same ability as hotel guests do when they want to sleep late and do not want to be bothered by any outsiders. With the “Do Not Disturb” feature, all incoming calls can be instantly directed to a user’s voicemail without the phone ever ringing so they will not be bothered by any noise, or anybody for that matter.
- Unwanted or Anonymous Calls
Most of the time when users receive a block or anonymous number, usually with an area code attached that they have never heard of, it is spam. Instead of having to go through the trouble of physically filtering out the calls, or even answering the phone out of sheer instinct, VoIP users can reject these calls automatically. But before the call is redirected, the feature also allows a brief message to play explaining why the call was rejected, just in case the caller wanted to know.
- Filtering Calls
Along with redirecting and blocking calls, VoIP users have the ability to filter an incoming call to more than one direction depending on what credentials they meet. It can send callers to voicemail, a different business line or accept only calls from friends and families, which can all be adjusted based on a user’s mood. There are times when users want to shut their phone off, but can’t for only particular need or another, but thanks to the adjustable filter this problem can be solved.
- Are you on the Whitelist or Blacklist?
Have you ever been whitelisted or blacklisted by another caller? If so, than you know how it works, and with the VoIP feature, these lists can both be customized to meet the needs of a caller. If a user wants a particular caller to be able to reach their phones than they will add this number to the whitelist, but if a user does not want this same person calling during dinnertime, they can add them to the blacklist for that time bracket.
For more VoIP information and tips from VoIP Review, click here.
Edited by Rachel Ramsey
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone