VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
How IP Videoconferencing Can Improve Business Meetings
Videoconferencing (or video chatting) is one of those really life-changing creations in technology that has had positive effects in worldwide communication, whether it is for personal, business or educational use. This technology allows for both audio and video interaction between users at different locations, using platforms like Skype (News - Alert), which allows three or more parties to be involved.
Recently, videoconferencing has followed voice into the IP domain, using VoIP services for a faster connection and lower monthly bills. MyVoIPProvider has revealed a few ways how IP videoconferencing services can improve business meetings.
1. Every employee is included.
Without distance being an issue, every employee on the team never has to miss a business meeting again as long as they have Internet access and a device that has a videoconferencing app. For employees working from home because of personal or physical reasons, there is no longer a wedge between them and their offices as they hear, listen and participate in a business meeting. This will essentially help increase productivity levels and create a better means of communication amongst employees.
2. Less traveling, less costs.
With a world that faces such economic depression, businesses have begun to cut costs in order to reduce spending, and one of the biggest cut-backs is business travel. However, with IP videoconferencing, businesses will not lose out on their investments or opportunities overseas as they no longer have to waste money traveling, and can even cut back spending even more by using VoIP services, rather than the traditional PSTN. VoIP technology is also much faster and reliable than traditional phone services, and providers even offer internationally packages that are significantly less costly.
3. Virtual conference rooms.
Face-to-face interaction creates a form of intimacy and social bonding that the simple sound of a voice cannot do over the phone. With the advanced equipment available on the market, however, this can be achieved through both sound and video. To create the utmost virtual experience that has as much resemblance to face-to-face meetings, businesses can design their conference rooms with special ceiling microphones and multiple webcams to create higher levels of interaction.
4. Any Internet-based device can be used for IP videoconferencing.
What is great about IP video conferencing is that almost any mobile device can be turned into a conference room by simply downloading the software or an application. There are tons of business-based smartphones available that have added screens, cameras and speakers specifically to conduct meetings through video communication. And with bring your own device underway, networks and wireless providers are creating devices with even more accessibility features for the office.
Edited by Rachel Ramsey
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone