VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Spokane Call Center Opens Ahead of ACA Rollout
All over the country, various companies are opening up call centers that are directly dedicated to helping people understand and navigate the new insurance rules that are covered under the Affordable Care Act. Better known as Obamacare, the ACA takes effect on October 1 and people all over the country are trying to figure out just how the new law affects them. In Spokane, Washington, the new call center opened at 7:30 a.m. on September 4 and the calls began to roll in at a prodigious rate.
These kinds of call centers are part of a new era in American history. Anyone who does not have health insurance, and soon, will be facing the threat of a new tax. That means that people are going to need help getting that health insurance and they are all looking for someplace to turn. The state of Washington has worked hard to make sure that call center employees were up to speed on how to answer the myriad of different questions that are coming in. These employees are also being trained on how to walk people through the signup process.
As with most call centers dedicated to this task, the employees are also well versed in actually filling out these forms for the callers, should they not have access to the Internet. The Spokane call center recently hired a little over 90 employees, though it apparently had hundreds of people applying for positions. Twenty employees have been designated as temporary, and they will help with the initial rush of calls. The other 70 employees have been designated as permanent. Faneuil, a Virginia-based company, secured a contract to actually oversee the operation of the call center.
In the state of Washington, there are about 800,000 people who are not covered by health insurance. Of that group, about 300,000 will be eligible to be covered by the expansion of Medicaid. The other 500,000 will be looking to purchase new coverage.
Edited by Rory J. Thompson
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone