VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
VoIP Call Center Provider Talks Chrome for Android
Back In February, Android users had a huge reason to rejoice and that came in the form of Google’s (News - Alert) Chrome browser being introduced to the Android market which brings many bountiful advantages such as increased speed, the ability to sync everything your little heart can desire, an intuitive interface for easily browsing through tabs, and even transition effects.
In fact, a pretty interesting feature to me is the synching function which lets users open Chrome on their phone, and then allows them to see all of the tabs open on the computer’s version of Chrome. This could come in might handy if you’re in a situation where you trying to follow a recipe to cook a meal for large dinner party.
First making its debut in 2008, Chrome continues to rake in the positive marks from critics as the fastest browser around. However there are two huge drawbacks to this new solution: it is only available for Android (News - Alert) 4.0 versions and up and doesn’t support Flash.
Due to the fact that Chrome is only available for Android 4.0 and higher, this is essence blocks a majority of Android users who want to begin to leverage this browser. At this time, the only devices that support 4.0 include the Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime, Xoom, and the Nexus S. According to a recent article, this was done purposely to enable Google to better leverage the new features unveiled in the most updated version of the OS.
PowerNet Global (News - Alert), a VoIP call center provider recently issued a blog post on this topic that delves into second major disadvantage of this new offering, the fact that it won’t be powering Flash Player for the browser. The reasoning behind this limitation? According to the post, “Adobe (News - Alert) has had problems innovating flash for mobile devices in the past and Apple doesn’t allow Flash.”
The blog concluded, “This may pose a concern for tablet users, but then again it obviously doesn’t phase iPad owners. I am sure when the time comes there will be another solution.”
Edited by Amanda Ciccatelli
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone