VoIP Call Center Featured Articles
Charlotte Sees Improvement When Leveraging VoIP Call Center
With the presidential race currently at full speed, major metropolises all over the country are continuing to host assorted events, including the recently concluded Republican National Convention and the Democratic National Convention. When the city of Charlotte, North Carolina was chosen as the destination for the Democratic National Convention last month, it was in desperate need of new communication capabilities that it found when implementing a VoIP call center.
By working with the NWN (News - Alert) Corporation, which is responsible for solely managing, hosting and maintaining the Cisco VoIP call center solution, the center in Charlotte was able to much more efficiently answer the approximately 120,000 inbound calls it sees every month.
When talking about how the contact center prepared itself for the influx of calls right before the big convention started, the City of Charlotte Senior Program Manager Bellvere Ross stated in an interview, “We expect our call volume to go up, and we are now geared to handle those calls.”
Encompassing two Cisco Unified Communications (News - Alert) Clusters, this robust offering falls in line with a four-year contract between the city and NWN. It looks like the region is already pretty happy with its investment as it has seen multiple advantages from gaining access to best-of-breed engineering talent that has the ability to fully support changing call center demands from the Charlotte.
"Now we have access to the expertise we need when we need it," according to Kimberly Laney, project manager for the City of Charlotte. "Our primary focus is delivering services to citizens -- not providing telecommunications services. With NWN we have a different level of service and talent. Having NWN supporting us has made a big difference."
As more organizations worldwide continue to turn to VoIP call centers, PowerNet Global (News - Alert) continues to enhance its portfolio with next-generation solutions. In fact, currently the VoIP call center provider powers NPA-NXX, Lata-OCN, and flat rate pricing with 6/6 billing, and daily reports that include ASR/ACD statistics that can simplify the monitoring of calls and credit balances. Additionally, short duration penalties are not charged.
Further, the company offers users a completely free call back service, a highly stable network and on-staff voice engineers. It can fully support all standard codecs, simple-testing, turn-up processes and 24/7 service.
PowerNet Global President and CEO Bernie Stevens concluded, “We invested a lot of time and money into our network to be able to provide our customers with the highest level of service possible. Not only will the upgrades improve our current services, including our award winning NetDialer service for dialer and outbound call centers and our Carrier termination services, but they'll also allow us to grow our business with newer and more advanced services."
To find out more about PowerNet Global, click here.
Edited by Rachel Ramsey
By partnering with leading carriers, we're able to offer a complete suite of voice, data, and managed services that are accompanied by superior service and support. Take advantage of our Enterprise solutions that allow your business to connect effectively and work efficiently, positioning you for infinite growth.
We provide solutions for small to medium size businesses that encourage growth and offer the flexibility you need to meet your individual business needs.
The Benefits of SIP Services
Communication technology continues to play a critical role in helping businesses complete their day-to-day operations. But SMBs and enterprises today are seeking cost effective solutions to help them better meet customers' needs, especially when it comes to voice services. TMCnet recently spoke with PowerNet Global, an integrated telecommunications company, about its SIP solutions and how the company can help organizations offer scalability at a fraction of the cost of standard telephony services.Listen Now »
- » PowerNet Global Mobilizes Employees in Support of Matthew 25: Ministries
- » PowerNet Global Earns Best of Fairfield Award for Second Consecutive Year
- » PowerNet Global Named Goering Center Family and Private Business Awards Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for Second Year
- » PowerNet Global Celebrates 20 Year Milestone in Telecom Industry
- » PowerNet Global's Call Center Solution, NetDialer, Experiences Record Growth
- » Latest PowerNet Global Expansion Offers Broadband Internet to More Local Businesses
- » PowerNet Global Sponsors Second Annual Blazin' With Love Event in Mason
- » PowerNet Global Named Finalist for Business Courier Innovation Awards
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Adds Inbound SIP DIDs to Call Center Offering
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Ranks in Deloitte Top 100 List Again
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Highlighted as Dayton Business Journal 2011 Business of the Year Finalist
- » PowerNet Global Receives 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award for IP Communications Risks
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Sponsors Blazin' With Love 5K Run/Walk
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Receives Prestigious 2011 INTERNET TELEPHONY Excellence Award
- » Communications Provider PowerNet Global Enhances Portfolio with New Gryphon Core Phone